By accessing Tangspac websites and/or submitting your personal information to Tangspac through any means, you consent to the use of your information as set out in the Policy. If you do not agree with any term of the Policy, please do not use Tangspac’s services or website.
Personal data is any data which relates to a living individual who can be identified from those data or from those data and other information which is in the possession of, or likely to come into the possession of, a data controller and includes any expression of opinion about the individual and any indication of the intentions of the data controller or other person in respect of the individual.
It may range from the very sensitive (e.g. medical history or condition) to the everyday (e.g. address and phone number). It would include the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), your work experience and qualifications, psychometric assessment results and other data obtained by Tangspac in connection with your possible work placements.
Personal data includes sensitive personal data.
Sensitive personal data
Some personal data may be considered sensitive personal data (for example, as set out in the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act). Tangspac will only collect, use or disclose sensitive personal data about you in accordance with the relevant DP Laws. In most cases, Tangspac will only collect, use or disclose sensitive personal data where it has received your consent.
Collecting your personal data
Tangspac is a specialist recruitment firm in the business of providing recruitment services for our clients. Your personal data will be collected by Tangspac to provide you with recruitment and/or related intermediary services.
Generally, Tangspac collects personal data directly from you (if, for example, you have applied to them directly), from job advertising boards (if you have given them consent to share your personal data with prospective employers and recruitment agencies), and from publicly accessible sources of information (for example, social media sites).
Tangspac may collect personal data when you:
- Deal with Tangspac in person, by telephone, letter, email or via our website;
- Supply a CV or application form;
- Fill out and submit a registration form online;
- Submit any other information in connection with your application for registration;
Personal data about you may also be collected from third parties that Tangspac contacts for verification or vetting purposes. For example Tangspac may receive:
- References about you;
- Results of enquiries of former employers or engagers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration bodies;
- The results of psychometric, competency or medical tests;
- Performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
- Complaints from or about you in the workplace;
- Information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved.
Tangspac would normally require you to provide explicit consent to enable us to obtain personal data from third parties, unless you have indicated your consent prior in some other way or it has been deemed implicit as may be reasonably inferred under the circumstances.
Use of Personal Information
- To provide recruitment and/or related intermediary services to or for you and to facilitate the recruitment process;
- To match your details against job vacancies which Tangspac feels may be appropriate for you in order to assess your suitability for them;
- To apply for jobs on your behalf by sending your data to clients;
- To allow you to submit your CV, apply for specific jobs so that Tangspac (directly or on behalf of clients) can notify you when relevant job vacancies arise;
- To develop and market other products and services, to improve Tangspac’s customer service and to make Tangspac’s services more useful to you (which includes tailoring the Tangspac’s website and those of clients in order to better suit your requirements);
- To inform you about any relevant industry developments, send you details of any events, promotions and competitions, and to communicate any other relevant information;
- To answer your enquiries or questions;
- For other purposes for which you have engaged Tangspac or, where the context requires, Tangspac clients.
Tangspac may also disclose your personal data to third parties where reasonable, such as:
- A member of Tangspac;
- Prospective employers or engagers, including our clients who may retain such data for future recruitment purposes;
- Other recruitment companies or intermediaries involved in managing the supply of personnel;
- External vetting bodies e.g. to obtain criminal record or credit checks;
- Third parties who perform functions on Tangspac behalf and who also provide services to Tangspac, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on Tangspac business technology systems, research and mailing houses and function co-ordinators;
- A professional association or registration body or regulatory or law enforcement agencies if Tangspac is required by law to do so.
If Tangspac engages a third party contractor to perform services which involve handling or processing personal data, it takes reasonable steps to prohibit the contractor from using personal data except for the purposes for which it was supplied or for processing it other than in accordance with Tangspac’s instructions.
If Tangspac enters into a joint venture with, is sold to or merged with another business entity, your personal data may be disclosed to Tangspac’s new, or potential, business partners or owners. By providing Tangspac with your personal data, you consent to Tangspac disclosing your data to its new, or potential, business partners or owners if one of these situations arises.
Unless required or permitted to do so by law, Tangspac will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of your personal data without your consent.
Data Security and Storage
Tangspac holds personal data in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files.
Tangspac has security procedures in place to protect the personal data it holds from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Tangspac uses a number of processes to protect your personal data including:
- Locks and security systems;
- Computer passwords and limited access to shared network drives to authorised staff;
- Virus checking;
- Recording of candidates’ information movements;
Tangspac will keep your personal data no longer than necessary. Tangspac will appropriately dispose of your personal data when it is no longer required or if you ask to be removed from our systems so that it is protected from unauthorised use or disclosure.
However, please note that Tangspac may be obliged by law to keep a record of your personal data and other information for a period of at least one year from the date of creation of the record or, if later, at least one year after the date on which Tangspac last provides services to you. Tangspac may also have contractual obligations to its clients (particularly those clients who operate in heavily regulated sectors such as the banking and finance industries) to retain data for a longer period.
You can request access to your data
You may request access to any personal data Tangspac holds about you in accordance with the DP Laws. Tangspac may charge a fee (where permitted by law) to cover the reasonable costs of retrieval and supply of the data to you.
Tangspac is not always required to provide you with access to all of your personal data on request.
Tangspac may refuse your access to certain personal data in a number of circumstances, such as where denying access is required or authorised by law.
If Tangspac denies your request for access it will provide you with reasons for the refusal.
Tangspac cannot provide you with information which it does not hold. Such data may have been collected by Tangspac but is in fact held by a client rather than Tangspac. In such instances, any access request would need to be made to the relevant client.
Tangspac takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is accurate, complete and up to date.
Tangspac may also contact you from time to time to check that the data is still correct. However, please let Tangspac know of any changes to your details as soon as you reasonably can in order for Tangspac to maintain the accuracy of information held on you.
If you believe that personal or sensitive personal data Tangspac holds about you is not accurate, complete and up to date, Tangspac will take reasonable steps to correct it if you notify us.
You may request to unsubscribe from job alerts and marketing material at any time. If you wish to contact us in this regard, please e-mail your regular Tangspac contact.
How to contact us
The Policy has been adopted by the following companies within Tangspac Consulting Pte Ltd, Tangspac Consulting (HK) Limited, Tangspac Consulting (Guangzhou) Pte Ltd Tangspac Shanghai Pte Ltd (each and collectively ‘Tangspac’).
If you wish to gain access to or correct your personal data or make a complaint about a breach of your privacy, please use the contact details available here.